The Holtek HT72xx series of positive, linear regulators features low quiescent current (4mA typ.) with low dropout voltage, making them ideal for battery applications. The space-saving 3-pin SOT23 package is attractive for "Pocket" and "Hand Held" applications.
The devices are capable of supplying 300mA of output current continuously.
They are available with several fixed output voltages ranging from 1.8V to 5.0V. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain variable voltages and currents.
These rugged devices have Thermal Shutdown and Current Limiting to prevent device failure under the "Worst" of operating conditions.
* Output voltage ranges: Fixed range of 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.7V, 3.0V, 3.3V, 4.5V, 5.0V type.
* Highly accuracy: ±2%
* Low voltage drop: 240mV (typ.), VOUT=5.0V at 300mA
* Maximum Input Voltage: 8V
* Guaranteed output current: 300mA
* Low quiescent current: 4mA (typ.)
* Current limiting
* Over-temperature shutdown
* 3-pin SOT23, 5-pin SOT23 and 3-pin SOT89 Packages